Lake Mitchell Sewer Authority
3161 South Lake Mitchell Drive
Cadillac, MI 49601
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Closed on Fridays
Phone: (231) 775-0155
To report a sewer alarm or sewer emergency, please call:
During Office Hours: (231) 775-0155
After Office Hours, Weekends, & Holidays: (231) 779-9211
LMSA customers can make checks payable to: Lake Mithcell Sewer Authority or LMSA
LAKE MITCHEL SEWER AUTHORITY NOTICE
LMSA NOTICE OF RESCHEDULED MONTHLY REGULAR MEETING FOR THURSDAY, JUNE 25, 2020 AT 12:00 P.M.
AT 3161 SOUTH LAKE MITCHELL DRIVE, CADILLAC MI 49601
ClICK HERE TO VIEW THE LMSA RESCHEDULED REGULAR MEETING NOTICE AND TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR THURSDAY, JUNE 25, 2020
NO WIPES IN THE PIPES!!!
Biodegradable or Disposable Wipes SHOULD NOT BE FLUSHED!
Convenience wipes such as baby, hygienic, cleaning and disinfectant, as well as toilet bowl scrubbers and even paper towels might be labeled as “disposable or flushable”, but these items should NOT go down the drain. Products like these may very well flush out of your home, but they do not disintegrate or break down in the sewer systems, and are creating plugs in sewer pipes and the pumps that move sewage along, resulting in sewage backups, costly cleanups and repairs to equipment, and environmental consequences that can result in rate increases for both you and the Association.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- DO NOT FLUSH objects down the toilet such as wipes, diapers (baby or adult) feminine hygiene products or dental floss. Dispose of these items in your household or business trash receptacle.
- IF YOU HAVE SOMEONE WHO HELPS YOU CLEAN YOUR HOUSE OR BUSINESS, inform them of proper disposal methods for convenience products.
- SELECT CLEANING SUPPLIES THAT CAN BE WASHED AND RE-USED.
WHAT NOT TO FLUSH!
- Diapers - cloth disposable, flushable, baby OR adult
- Baby wipes, disinfectant wipes, moist wipe, etc.
- Swiffer® Pads
- Dental floss
- Fats, oils and greases of any kind
- Vitamins, medicines or other pharmeceuticals.
- Plastic or cloth of any kind
- Cat litter
BOTTOM LINE: Nothing should be flushed except toilet paper and human waste!